Nature’s Way Boosts Supply Chain Performance with Easy, Affordable Tools
Nature’s Way® (Part of Schwabe North America, Inc.), Green Bay, Wisconsin, U.S.
Nature’s Way has been America’s leader in herbal medicine for over 40 years, offering coconut oil, herbs, probiotics, vitamins and minerals. In 2013, the organization doubled in size after acquiring another company, creating the need for an enterprise system to manage its supply chain operations.
- Nature’s Way began its G.I.B Dispo-Cockpit journey in 2013 with the implementation of the Planning and Operations modules. The modules made an immediate impact on the production team by optimizing production order sequencing, thereby enabling longer production runs, fewer lines changes, more efficient resource utilization, and greatly reducing overall production costs.
The use of service level target simulations helped Nature’s Way to optimize safety stock, and key figures management helped them evaluate “dead” and “slow moving” stock.
- “Our partnership with GIB has enabled Nature’s Way to double the size of our operations without costly increases to our staff, hardware or other resources. The benefits of these supply chain tools have been felt throughout the company, from our production lines to our warehouses to our purchasing team.” -- Jean Treml, Materials Director, Nature’s Way
“Because GIB lives in the SAP HANA environment, it’s really a couple of transports and you’re ready to go.”
"The cost savings that we got on the label savings and the reduced changeovers gave us a payback in about 6 weeks"
Using the right tools to optimize efficiency
Add-on makes supply chain management in SAP more transparent
- The GIB Dispo-Cockpit supports in providing transparent inventory and production controlling – including a clear overview of production reporting – and allows key figures to be presented in visual terms with just a few clicks.
- Previously, the task of calling up logistics key figures at the tool manufacturer was a time-consuming business, but following the introduction of the Dispo-Cockpit this can now be done with just a few clicks; all logistics key figures can be determined quickly and displayed clearly in visual terms.
- In the Dispo-Cockpit and the programming templates, Rüggeberg has found the right precision tool for an optimized supply chain. The new-found transparency now ensures sustainably increased efficiency in all logistics processes – using this new tool appears to have paid off.
Better drive in SCM for automotive suppliers
SAP add-on for optimizing material requirements planning and inventory controlling
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG is a global leader in driveline and chassis technology as well as active and passive safety technology
- “Particular aspects such as functional scope, flexibility, cost of the solution, and the provider’s expertise were crucial factors in our decision-making process,” says Wessbecher. “GIB and the module they offered came out on top when compared with the solutions presented by the other providers.” Thanks to the group-wide transparency, the Dispo-Cockpit module for Controlling now ensures inventory-optimized purchase orders and a clear increase in delivery readiness.